Friday, May 13, 2011

Relax

 (Lovely print from lauratrevey.)

I finally finished the semester on Monday – which culminated with a 8 page rhetorical studies paper and a 3 page course reflection. It’s kind of ironic because during the semester I had inspiration by the boatload for anything but school, and now that it’s done, my brain can’t dredge up the simplest color scheme, or a page of writing! Perhaps pulling that last paper out of my head took more out of me than I thought.
On the other hand, the lack of inspiration this week has really given me an excuse to chill out for a bit. I’ve watched some TV (love The Mentalist!), rested my hands from all of the knitting and crocheting, and finally found the motivation to cook. I was proud of myself because I made some awesome banana muffins yesterday out of a banana that I otherwise would have thrown out –hooray for using instead of wasting! I also made a slow cooker beef stew meal, which I thought was amazing, but Cameron complained and preferred cereal instead, the little bugger.
While waiting for Cameron to get out of school yesterday, I went to Target and picked out my summer reading: The Season of Second Chances by Diane Meier, and The Proper Care and Maintenance of Friendship by Lisa Verge Higgins. I’ve been a picky reader for… too long, and never have time to read recreationally when I’m in school, so I’m excited to have found two books that interest me. For a long time I was into Young Adult fiction, because that’s the genre I liked to write, and, let’s face it, I was a young adult. Now, I’m more interested in the “Fiction and Literature” section, especially women’s fiction, and I’m trying to write more in that sphere as well. I hope these books live up to my expectations:)
Suffice it to say, I am feeling relaxed and ready for summer.
àStay tuned! A special Giveaway is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment